Updated on 2 February 2018 (Paparangi School added) and subject to change.
All classes require minimum numbers before proceeding (especially the new sessions!), so please let your friends know about classes too. We will contact you if the session you enrol into is already full or does not have sufficient numbers and will offer you alternative session times. All current students will be automatically rolled over into the subsequent terms, unless otherwise notified. Enrolment for new students is at https://enrolmy.com/ni-hao-childrens-community/
2018 school holiday programmes
- January holidays: Monday 15 to Thursday 18 January
- April holidays: Monday 16 April to Thursday 19 April (tentative)
Term 1, 2018: Saturday 10 February to Friday 13 April
- Saturday classes are filling up fast!
- Classes marked in red have insufficient numbers as at 28 January.
- If your child was enrolled last year, they will be automatically re-enrolled into their relevant 2018 class, unless you have advised they are leaving.
- All Saturday classes are held at Lifepoint Church, 61 Hopper Street, Mt Cook, apart from:
- Saturday 10 February: to be held at Brooklyn Community Centre.
- Saturday 17 February: to be held at Civic Square as part of a Chinese New Year Festival Open Day. Classes are being consolidated into TWO large classes only: 10-10:45am Early Learners. 11am-12pm School Kids. Bad weather plans means it reverts to Lifepoint Church. Please read the Chinese New Year page for more info from us.
- Children will be asked to take part / represent the community in the Chinese New Year Parade on Saturday 17 February (1-1:15pm meet up, for 2pm start, Tennyson Street).
2018 school holiday programme
- Monday 15 to Thursday 18 January
- Tuesday 23 to Friday 26 January
- Monday 29 January to Thursday 1 February
2018 school terms and holidays
|START DATE||END DATE||HOLIDAYS|
|Term 1 – 11 weeks||Thursday 8 February||Friday 13 April||Public holidays:
Waitangi Day 6 February,
Easter: Good Friday 30 March, Easter Monday 2 April
School holiday: Saturday 14 April – Sunday 29 April (includes ANZAC day 25 April).
|Term 2 – 10 weeks||Saturday 28 April||Friday 6 July||Public holiday: Queen’s Birthday 4 June
School holiday: Saturday 7 July – Sunday 22 July
|Term 3 – 10 weeks||Saturday 21 July||Friday 28 September||School holidays: Saturday 29 September – Sunday 14 October|
|Term 4 – up to 10 weeks||Saturday 13 October||Friday 21 December||Public holidays: Labour Day 22 October, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day|