We recommend that your child tries a class before being enrolled. This gives you and your child an opportunity to experience it in person and for us to find out more from you about what you are looking for.
When can my child try out the programme?
During the first two weeks of the term:
Trials are open to everyone and are free of charge in the first two weeks of term only. You need to book in advance so that we can be prepared for your child.
Trials after the first two weeks:
These trials are $15 per child per class and we will invoice you for this.
What does a trial involve?
- The trial is a chance for you and your child to try our group programme in person.
- Note that the programme is a group class format so your child will not be receiving one-to-one teaching.
- Please read our Class Guidelines and talk to your child about these before attending trials so that they are prepared.
If your child is not fluent in a language other than English:
Your child’s trial requires attendance at two classes, one week after another. A single class is unlikely to show whether the class is a good fit for your child, for example:
- 1st class: your child may feel awkward, nervous or surprised by the full Mandarin Chinese language immersion class or by the new people around them.
- 2nd class: your child may be less surprised about the immersion and be able to start to get used to the class environment and games.
If your child is already bilingual or has been previously exposed to Mandarin Chinese:
Attending only one trial class is usually sufficient as we find that a bilingual child is more aware of different languages/sounds, is less anxious about hearing a new language, and learns Mandarin more easily and quicker than monolingual children.
I’ve understood everything and would like to book in for a trial!
Early Learners (Saturdays) Term 4: https://nhcc-early-learners-trial-class-2018t4.lilregie.com/
School Aged Level 1 (Saturdays) Term 4: https://nhcc-sch-age1-trial-2018t4.lilregie.com/